Article Written By: Jeremy Cupido
Store manager @ GardenShop Bryanston
March is a magnificent month for gardening! The sun is slowly getting softer and the weather is beautifully pleasant to be out and about in nature.
Follow these top tips to get the most out of your garden in the month of March.
- Camellias will be in bud, so keep them happy by mulching and giving them water regularly.
- Plant some strawberry plants in pots, in the vegetable garden or even as edging for a mixed border.
- Now is a great time to take cuttings of Pelargoniums.
- Sow some cabbages, lettuce, beetroot, carrots and onions.
- Sow some Namaqualand daisies, sweet peas, poppies. Primula, foxglove and Namaqualand flowering scatterings
- If you have bought bulbs for next month keep them in a cool dry place – even in the fridge if necessary.
- As the sun starts to lose its heat, growth will slow down, so don’t expect too much of your plants during this rather special month of the year – the lovely link between summer and autumn.