Article Written By: Sue Both
HERE ARE A FEW SUMMERY TIPS TO KEEP YOUR GARDEN IN TOP SHAPE WITHOUT BRAKING THE BANK OR YOUR BACK.
- Mulch your flower beds. Mulching reduces moisture loss, weed growth and it also makes your garden look neat and tidy.
- Reduce your water bill by watering after sunset and before sunrise.
- Water less often and for longer periods. By doing that you are encouraging the plants to develop better bigger root systems.
- Encourage birdlife in your garden. The birds will help you to keep some of the nasties at bay.
- Use a slow release general fertilizer like Bio-Ganic all purpose or Vita 3:1:5 on all your flower beds to make sure your plants are on a healthy diet.
Lastly – in true festive spirit – remember to share. Pick up snails and mole crickets after dark and share them by throwing them over your neighbour’s wall. Crack a beer and relax on your patio while listening to the cries of joy emanating from your neighbours yard.