- Sunflower seeds
- Multifeed Flowergro – a liquid fertiliser
- Stakes (optional)
- Wooden ice-cream sticks (from an arts & crafts shop)
- Permanent marker
- Plant sunflower seeds early in the spring after all danger of frost has passed.
- Plant them about 3 centimetres deep and about a metre apart. If you’re planting sunflowers in a garden, plant them where they won’t shade shorter plants.
- Water the plants regularly and fertilise every three weeks with Multifeed Flowergro.
- When the seedlings appear, put compost around the base of each plant making sure the compost doesn’t touch the stems.
- Taller plants may need stakes for support.