Ludwig’s Insect Spray
Ludwig’s Insect Spray – Ludwig’s Insect Spray is a broad spectrum organic insecticide for the control of insects on edible crops, roses, herbs and ornamentals.
Contains: garlic juice extract, canola oil, natural pyrethrum (pyrethrins)
Insects: Ants, aphids, red spider mite, white fly, astylus beetle, chafer beetle, CMR beetle, Flower beetle, American bollworm, thrips, wood-eating termites.
Dosage: 50 to 100 ml per 10 litre water. Higher rate for CMR and Flower beetles.
Crops: Fruit, vegetables, roses, ornamentals, bulbs, salads, herbs, lawns (whole garden)
Environmental hazard: Canola oil kills targeted small bodied insects on contact by means of suffocation. Garlic keeps insects away from plants. Pyrethrum has a contact and stomach poison activity of a few hours. Beneficial insects and natural predators can be killed on contact. Toxic to fish, moderately toxic to bees. Very low toxicity towards mammals. No secondary poisoning. Formulations can be phytotoxic to very sensitive plant varieties like maiden hair, normally soft on most plants. Non persistent in the environment. Harvesting of edible crops 48 hours after last application.
- For use on: Aphids, Ants, American bollworm, Red Spider Mite, Thrips, Beetles and Wood-eating termites amongst others
- Harvesting of edible crops 48 hours after last application
- Canola oil kills on contact by means of suffocation
- Garlic prevents insects from landing on plants
- Treats +- 300 rose bushes
- Pyrethrin kills small and bigger bodied insects on direct contact