Wednesday 19 February – Module 1
Wednesday 4 March – Module 2
Wednesday 18 March – Module 3
Wednesday 1 April – Module 4
Wednesday 15 April – Module 5
The Competent Gardener: Introduction Course for Gardeners and Garden Enthusiasts
- The Competent Gardener is an introduction course for Gardeners and Garden Enthusiasts.
- The focus is on basic horticultural practice
- The course is in 5 modules and will run every alternative Wednesday
- The course is designed to give gardeners a firm understanding of plants gardens and garden maintenance and the course material is all illustrated to make it accessible even if the gardener is not a first language English speaker.
Course fee: R 2500 includes light refreshments
Training will take place in the Mornings
9 am till 12 pm
Topics covered in 5 week morning classes:
- Module 1: Introduction to Horticulture
- Module 2: Tools Planting and Propagation
- Module 3: Pruning, Lawns and Lawn Maintenance
- Module 4: Insecticides, Fungicides and Herbicides
- Module 5: Safety, Planning and Review
Over the last 2 years more than 300 gardeners have already benefited from our course. We aspire to equip gardeners to make calculated decisions, to use safe and environmentally garden practices. The course has both a theoretical and practical aspect. Courses are limited to 20 participants per course and bookings are essential.
Help us to help you empower and upskill your gardeners.